Friday, September 6, 2013

In the Holiday Spirit



Hello everyone, I know it has been a long time since I post.

I hope you all have been having a wonderful summer and ready for the Fall and Holiday seasons. I know I am.

Here are some of the layouts I have been working on. I found the images online and knew that I wanted them to paper piece. I have had so much fun with the images.

Hope you all like them as much as I liked piecing them.

I started with a Fall one.



Then I made this Halloween one that I think is my favorite.


 Love her hat. I used glitter paper and added stars to it. The original image had a cat on her lap, but it was not looking right whenever I tried piecing it so I decided to add a pumpkin instead. I am still on the hunt for a sticker cat or a cat that might look nice to add and take the pumpkin out.


Then I made this Christmas one.


Don't you just love her foot side ways and the pom pom on her hat. I used a large pom pom from Joanns, cut it in half and glued it down on a circle cardstock.


This is the next one I did, very Spring like. I used the DCWV paper stack called Collage Art. It is a beautiful paper pack. I was hoarding it for the right time and this girl image was perfect for it.


 Don't you just love those big brown eyes. I used chalk. The lady bug she is holding I purchased at a chinese warehouse that sells party supplies. They had a bin with little things like this for cakes and cupcakes and everything was 10 for 1.00. The package brought 6 inside and I could not believe how perfect it was for this layout, the size of the eyes match hers.


Her hair was the most difficult part to create. I was more than 2 hours making it and could not get it the way I wanted until I threw it all away and started over. At the end I think the curls came out great. Don't you just love the flowers in her hair. So Spring and girly like. I am sure we all have put flowers in our hairs one way or another when we were younger.


Lastly, Oh Christmas Tree. She is holding a garland in her hands with some small metal Christmas ornaments. I bought them at a yard sale last year for 25 cents. I thought they were perfect for this layout. I cut the tree and the title using my cricut. I decorated the tree with bling from my stash. The presents are stickers by Jolee.

I also used chalk on her for the eyes as well.  I think the big eyes make these images so cute. I also love the feet she designs side ways.


Sorry for the long post. I hope you all enjoyed it and please leave a comment telling me which one is your favorite.


6 comments:

Sherry

Ana,
I love all of them but the last 3 were my favorites. Of course, Christmas is my favorite time of the year. You did a great job paper piecing them all. TFS
Sherry

Createology

Hi Ana...It is not possible to pick a favorite as they are each uber cute. Those big eyes are just such a focal point. All of your layouts are so well done with each detail of elements you add. Blissful Creating Dear...

~Kim at Golden Pines~

I really do love your layouts, you have such a great eye for detail and it really shows! It would be hard to pick a favorite, but if have to pick one, I'm going to pick the Halloween one, because I don't even want to think about Christmas! :-)

WE

Looks cool...

Jill Norwood

Oh Ana! These are each so precious! I love the images with their big beautiful eyes! And you did such wonderful layouts! I love them all! I have been working on a single page layout of my little one's first day of school and I always struggle with the details! Layouts are harder for me than cards! :)

pam {simple details}

Thanks so much for stopping by Ana, I don't know if you realize, but you're a 'no-reply' so I can't reply to your comments, but I always appreciate your sweet messages! :) Great job on the layouts, I'm way to impatient to do those!

Post a Comment